Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Submitting a manuscript to our journal implies that the authors provide the journal with an exclusive license to publish, distribute, and showcase their work in both print and digital formats. This license is crucial in maintaining the integrity of the published work and safeguarding the authors' rights. Here is an elaborated version of our copyright notice:
- Authors continue to hold the copyright to their work, encompassing all intellectual property rights, moral rights, and ownership rights. This enables authors to reuse their work, including figures, tables, and other materials, in future publications, presentations, or other academic or educational activities, as long as proper credit is given to the original publication in our journal.
- Upon acceptance of their manuscript for publication, authors are required to sign a copyright transfer agreement. This agreement grants the journal exclusive rights to publish, reproduce, distribute, and showcase the work, as well as the rights to create derivative works, translations, and adaptations. The agreement also permits the journal to authorize third parties to use the work for various purposes, including indexing, archiving, educational, or commercial uses, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the agreement.
- It is the authors' responsibility to obtain any necessary permissions for the use of copyrighted materials, such as images, illustrations, or text, in their manuscript. Written permission from the copyright holder must be provided to the journal upon submission, and proper attribution should be included in the manuscript.
- Upon publication, the journal will provide authors with a PDF version of the published article, which can be shared with colleagues or posted on personal websites, institutional repositories, or other non-commercial platforms. However, the journal's copyright notice must be included, and a link to the journal's website must be provided.
- Our journal upholds the principles of open access and encourages authors to deposit their published articles in open access repositories or archives, adhering to the journal's copyright policy and any applicable funding agency requirements.
By understanding and abiding by our journal's copyright notice guidelines, authors can ensure the protection of their work and its accessibility, discoverability, and reusability in a variety of formats and contexts.